VadaReads

One Eyed Reader

My name is Vada. I've enjoyed reading pretty much my entire life, so I made this blog to post my opinion on the things I read.

A Game of Thrones
George R.R. Martin
Tommyknockers 12
Stephen King
Delirium
Lauren Oliver

The Last Olympian

The Last Olympian  - Rick Riordan Before I started reading this book, I couldn't remember if I'd made it to this one in my previous reread of this series. Turns out I had, but even knowing what happens, these books still manage to keep my interest. Everything still feels fresh because of the way it's presented, and I'm really glad that this is a series that I can probably reread again in the future, and still draw entertainment from.
I like how the action starts off immediately, and there's a whole lot less of the repetitive explanations as to what happened in the previous books. Sure, they're useful when you've actually had to wait for the next installment in the series, but when you binge read the entire thing in 9 days, it starts to get a bit tedious to read over and over, but I'm not drawing any marks from my rating due to that, because I know why it's all really there.
There were some editing errors throughout the books, I think it was most prominent in books 2 and 4. For example, one or two instances of switched around words, "was she" instead of "she was," for example, or missing commas. This didn't bother me too much, it's just something I noticed, and these errors may have been fixed in the more recent prints of this series.
All in all, I recommend this series to anybody who likes fantasy, especially things involving magic or Greek mythology (obviously)