VadaReads

One Eyed Reader

My name is Vada. I've enjoyed reading pretty much my entire life, so I made this blog to post my opinion on the things I read.

A Game of Thrones
George R.R. Martin
Tommyknockers 12
Stephen King
Delirium
Lauren Oliver

Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales

Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales - Stephen King Average rating overall: 4.1 stars

There's one little thing that I've come to love as I read more and more of King's works: the little details that pop up throughout different stories, always in a different context and a different way, but still the same nonetheless. I understand that some people may be annoyed by this kind of repetitiveness, or think of it as his own little bundle of cliches, but I find it endearing, in an odd way. Sort of a nod to his other works, if you will.
For example, the floor that gave The Green Mile its name, and then the green floor in the "coop" in Under the Dome.
The pointy teeth of the people in the paintings, which appears in two of the stories in this book.

Autopsy room four: I read this one a few months ago, before I got on to reading the rest of this book. It was a good story, though. Creepy, but the end gave me a good laugh.
Rating: ★★★★

The Man in the Black Suit: I enjoyed this one as well, particularly for the fact that it was partially inspired by Young Goodman Brown.
Rating: ★★★★

All that you love will be carried away: Not a whole lot to say about this one, other than I enjoyed it and it's ambiguous ending.
Rating: ★★★★

The Death of Jack Hamilton: I liked this one as well. The fact that it's based on real events makes it even better.
Rating: ★★★

In the Deathroom: A King story with a "happy" ending. Surprised me a bit.
Rating: ★★★

The Little Sisters of Eluria: I found it hard to get into this one until about 2/3 of the way through, but after I did, it was pretty good. Makes me a little nervous to read The Dark Tower series, though. Hopefully I'll enjoy it.
Rating: ★★★

Everything's Eventual: Not much to say about this one.

L.T.'s Theory of Pets: Rating: ★★★★

The Road Virus Heads North:
Rating: ★★★★★

Lunch at the Gotham Cafe: I actually found this one a bit unsettling, in the best of ways. It gave me the creeps, which is pretty rare.
Rating: ★★★★★

The Feeling, You Can Only Say What It Is in French: In an odd way, mostly due to the little note at the end, this one reminded me of my boyfriend.
Rating: ★★★★★

1408: I've stayed in a lot of hotels in the past year, and just let me say: I'm glad this isn't a story that I brought along on any of those trips; I would have slept even more poorly, and I didn't think that would have been possible.
Rating: ★★★★★

Riding the Bullet: In a way, this really reminded me of a more grown up version of all the Goosebumps books I used to collect and love as a kid.
Rating: ★★★★★

Luckey Quarter: I actually thought that this one was pretty sweet. Another with a fairly happy ending.