VadaReads

One Eyed Reader

My name is Vada. I've enjoyed reading pretty much my entire life, so I made this blog to post my opinion on the things I read.

A Game of Thrones
George R.R. Martin
Tommyknockers 12
Stephen King
Delirium
Lauren Oliver

Battle Royale

Battle Royale - Koushun Takami, Yuji Oniki The first few chapters are a bit confusing. There are tons of characters introduced all at once, and the translated text has a slightly awkward feel, but the latter isn't so bad once you get into the rhythm of it. The dialogue is also stiff in some areas, but this, again, is probably due to translation.

I started enjoying this book after about 40 pages, once the action started picking up. Let me just say, if you are disturbed by violence, this isn't the book for you. However, if you're a junkie for it like I am, you'll probably enjoy this book.

I have to say, I really do see what people mean now when they say that The Hunger Games sort of ripped off this book. The similarities are undeniable, and I'm actually going to make a point of rereading The Hunger Games sometime this year, so that I can properly analyze the similarities between the two while my memory is still fresh.